Top 5 Goals to Make You Irresistible!
Every person is a unique individual. What each person wants to acquire from college and accomplish in life can vary greatly, from wanting to meet potential business partners and starting a business venture, to wanting to climb the corporate ladder of a Fortune 500 company, to even wanting to see his or her name in lights on Broadway! Whatever tickles your fancy, you must have a game plan in college for how to get there, tailored specifically to who you want to be in life. However, before you begin sketching out your game plan for world domination, let’s start with a few goals to consider as your college success baseline.
Regardless of what you want to do in life, the following five goals will help you acquire the credentials and relationships you need to become absolutely irresistible in your field!
1. Earn at least a 3.5 GPA. It is no secret that people tend to favor high GPAs over low ones. A GPA of at least 3.5 communicates that you can be trusted to get the job done. To someone who has never met you, this simple number speaks volumes to your work ethic and will power. Very few people can resist a high GPA. So once you’ve got it, flaunt it!
2. Study abroad at least once. Studying abroad shows people that you’re not afraid of adventure and taking risks. It also speaks to your interpersonal skills, adaptability, and open mindedness. Your amazing ability to navigate new cultures, languages, customs, and currency makes you downright irresistible in any field.
3. Obtain at least one leadership position. Everyone respects a good leader. No matter the position, from secretary to president, leaders communicate passion, initiative, and commitment to an organization. No one can resist a strong leader, showing an ability to manage time and people, problem solve, and build relationships.
4. Land at least one internship. Completing an internship shows that you not only have textbook knowledge, but also practical work experience in your field. Experience is something that is largely sought after, yet difficult to find in recent college graduates. Employers can’t resist someone who’s “gotten their feet wet” and most likely won’t be making rookie mistakes on their watch!
5. Find a mentor. Finding a mentor who has already achieved success in your field can give you the guidance and knowledge you need to become irresistible as well. He or she can “show you the ropes,” and help you avoid many of the pitfalls of novices. Also, a mentor might already have relationships in your profession that may be invaluable to your success!
As stated in Acing The Undergrad: Your Personal Mentor, “Goals give you direction. You’re lost without them.” Add these six goals to your college game plan and take charge of your future. For more information on Acing The Undergrad visit www.acingtheundergrad.com and watch Acing The Undergrad: The Show.